Current VHSA Board Directors
VHSA Board and voting membership consist of one director of each of the seven Head Start organizations in the state. One representative and one alternate from the Vermont Head Start – State Collaboration Office are voting VHSA Board members. One parent and one alternate from each Vermont Head Start program elected by the parents’ Policy Council may also be VHSA Board members.
- Paul Behrman, Chair, Champlain Valley Head Start
- Christy Swenson-Robertson, Capstone Community Action
- Betsy Rathbun-Gunn, Secretary/Treasurer, Bennington County Head Start
- Debra Gass, Board Member, Early Education Services
- Katie Watts, Board Member, Northeast Kingdom Community Action Agency
- Joanne Mattsson, Board Member, Rutland County Head Start
- Lori Canfield, Board Member, Southeastern Vermont Community Action Agency
- Ben Allen, Ph.D., Board Member, Vermont Head Start State Collaboration Office
- Marianne Miller, Board Member, New England Head Start Association
Dues are collected from each Head Start program represented by a board director and the Vermont Head Start State Collaboration Office. All dues collected are used for administration of the Vermont Head Start Association and collaborative projects. No dues are used towards lobbying.