Current VHSA Board Directors
VHSA Board Directors are voting members. The director of each of the seven Head Start programs in the state is a VHSA Board Director. One representative and one alternate from the Vermont Head Start Collaboration Office is also a voting VHSA Board member. Each program’s Policy Council can elect a parent to serve a one year term as a VHSA Board member. VHSA voted to add a friend’s membership to the Board in November 2016. Below are the current list of VHSA members.
- Paul Behrman, Officer – Chair, Champlain Valley Head Start
- Christy Swenson-Robertson, Board Director, Capstone Community Action
- Betsy Rathbun-Gunn, Officer – Treasurer, Bennington County Head Start
- Debra Gass, Board Director, Early Education Services
- Katie Watts, Board Director, Northeast Kingdom Community Action Agency
- Marie Gilmond, Board Director, Rutland County Head Start
- Lori Canfield, Board Director, Southeastern Vermont Community Action Agency
- Dianne Carter, Interim Collaboration Office Director, Board Member, Vermont Head Start State Collaboration Office
- Marianne Miller, Board Member, New England Head Start Association
VHSA collects dues from each Head Start program and the Head Start State Collaboration Office annually. The funds support operations of the Vermont Head Start Association.
VHSA Board Directors decide each year whether to hire a lobbying firm to support high quality, comprehensive, early care and learning programs for young children and their families. The Secretary of State Elections Division Lobbying maintains information about employer lobbying activities.