Website Rutland County Head Start
Join an exciting team of professionals making a difference in the lives of children and families! Head Start has been improving the lives of low-income children and families in Rutland County for over 30 years through high quality, comprehensive child development, and family support services. Head Start supports school readiness and promotes healthy families through delivery of education, health, and social services. Head Start also provides quality training and support to employee’s individualized professional growth and development.
Rutland County Head Start is looking for a professional, experienced Administrative/ Fiscal Coordinator to join our management team. The full-time administrative coordinator will support the leadership team and program director in maintaining program systems and management tasks.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Executive Administrative, Board and Policy Council Support (65%)
- Word processing support for director, leadership team, consultants, and other agency needs.
- Produce final drafts of minutes, manuals, rosters, grant requests and misc. program/grant documents.
- Collect, collate, and distribute information, maintain and organize data and files.
- Make appointments, maintain calendars and act as liaison for Executive staff.
- Provide staff support to Director, Board of Directors and parent Policy Council, its officers and committees. Schedule meetings, reserve rooms, attend meetings, record minutes, make phone calls and other services as needed.
Production and Clerical Support (25%)
- Process, organize and delegate production requests.
- Participate in design, updating and distribution of program forms and monthly newsletter.
- Produce various documents, flyers, parent handbook, training material and Policy Council Handbook.
- Operate various office equipment; be a resource to other staff.
- Update external and internal web site information and links.
- Support with grant preparation, budget reports, and agency fiscal coordination.
- Invoice as required.
Reception and Purchasing Backup Support (5%)
- Perform as last backup for Admin Assistant, operating multi-phone system and customer service.
- Assume other front desk duties as needed; open and distribute mail; open/close office, etc.
- Attend job-related meetings and trainings as needed.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- All communications are potentially sensitive and are subject to Head Start’s policy on confidentiality.
- High School Diploma or GED required; related Associate Degree or Certificate in Office Administration preferred
- Knowledge of Head Start administrative functions preferred
- Ability to work independently
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to write professional communication for internal and external partners
- Demonstrated strong proficiency with computer applications including Windows 10, Microsoft Office, and remote support tools
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation with personal automobile liability insurance coverage at or above the levels mandated by the State of Vermont.
- *Successful completion of a criminal history background check after hire.
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19 per the Office of Head Start’s COVID-19 vaccine requirement
What’s in it for YOU?
- $3,000 Sign On Bonus*
- Employee Referral Program – Earn Up to $1,800!
- Competitive Pay
- Very Generous Paid Time Off
- Outstanding Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement and Discounts
- Professional Development
- Federal Student Loan Forgiveness Eligibility
Rutland County Head Start is a program within Rutland Community Programs. We are committed to equity and standing against discrimination of all kinds. We believe that having a diverse workforce, representative of the many communities we serve, is a tremendous strength for our agency. We are committed to providing staff development and advancement opportunities that support and foster a strong and diverse workforce that supports excellence in services.
At RCHS, we provide our community with a wide range of services related to family & social well-being, early childhood education, behavioral health, housing and more. Every day through these services, we work to make health, education and housing more equitable for all people in Rutland County. Our work has touched generations by helping people have access to education, rebuild relationships, restore their health and regain dignity.
Rutland County Head Start is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit rmhsccn.e3applicants.com.