The Vermont Head Start Association has written agreements with the Agency of Human Services (AHS) to coordinate services with the AHS divisions.
The AHS mission is to improve the conditions and well-being of Vermonters and to protect those who cannot protect themselves.
Many families who are eligible for Head Start are also eligible for AHS programs such as:
- Benefits programs for fuel, fool, emergency assistance for homelessness, and more.
- Reach Ahead and Reach Up for employment training and financial planning.
- Children’s Integrated Services for coordination of early intervention, family, and prevention services.
- Family Services Division for child protection, foster care, and adoption.
- Child Development Division for finding high quality child care, child care subsidy, and specialized child care.
For examples of written agreements please visit VHSA Documents.